CLEARWATER - The Clearwater Historical Society has announced their summer and fall schedule, which reduces the number of free tours available to the public for the historic Plumb House Museum (located at 1380 South Martin Luther King Ave., formerly South Greenwood Ave., Clearwater).
Until Saturday, November 4, 2006, there will be no Saturday tours. However, free tours will continue from 8:30 a. m. until 11:30 a.m. on the first and third Thrusdays of each month.
The historic Plumb House Museum, birthplace of one of Clearwater's first public school teachers for whom Plumb Elementary School is named, is an original cracker-style house built in 1896. The museum houses period furnishings, vintage photographic collections, artifacts and many documents of historical significance. Call 449-1186, 446-2676 or 399-1412 for more information. Donations are appreciated.
Return to Home Page
Return to Current Edition