Last-Minute Reminders for November 7th General Election
Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark encourages citizens who plan to vote in Tuesday's General Election to remember the following information to make Election Day go smoothly:
- Polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. election day.
- Florida residents, who were registered to vote by October 10 are eligible to vote in this election.
- Some polling place locations have changed. Voters are encouraged to confirm their polling places by calling 464-6108 or visiting www.votepinellas.com and clicking on Precinct Finder.
- Absentee ballots may be returned to any of the three Elections Offices until 7 p.m. Tuesday. Absentee ballots cannot be accepted at an early voting site or a precinct polling place.
- Please bring photo and signature identification with you to the polls if possible to avoid delays and extra paperwork. Anyone without acceptable ID can vote a provisional ballot, which will later be evaluated by a Canvassing Board to determine eligibility.
- State law requires that a citizen vote in the precinct in which he or she lives. If you have moved, you are required to vote in your new home precinct.
- Name or address changes may be made at any Elections Office or by printing a Registration Application Form at www.votepinellas.com; completing and signing the form; and returning it to any Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office. Address changes may also be made by phone.
- No political activity or campaign signs are allowed inside the polling place or within 100 feet of the polling place entrance. However, a recent ruling allows exit polling as voters are leaving the polls.
- No photography is allowed inside the polling place.
- Sample ballots with polling place locations were mailed to each Pinellas County household with one or more registered voters. They were also recently published in area newspapers and are available online at www.votepinellas.com.
- If you have any other election-related questions, please call the Elections Office at (727) 464-6108.
Return to Home Page
Return to Current Edition