Largo Woman's Club Makes Presentation to Library
Photo by SANDI FAHY
(from left) Carol Miles, president of the Largo Woman's Club, presents a check for $250 to Scott Thompson, administrator for the Largo Library Foundation, as LWC historian Ann Bole and publicity chair Bea Morgan look on. The check represents the club's membership in the foundation. It was the Largo Woman's Club that decided the community needed a library back in 1914. Thanks to the efforts of its members, the first library opened on April 7, 1916, in a room in Town Hall.
Return to Home Page
Return to Current Edition