New Watering Restrictions in Place for Clearwater Residents
Return to Home Page
CLEARWATER, - Clearwater residents should adhere to the new watering schedule based on the May 3rd changes to the City's ordinances. Watering restrictions are as follows:
- All water sources - no watering between 8:01 a.m. and 5:59 p.m., unless otherwise indicated.
- Potable water (domestic and lawn meters), wells, lakes or ponds, may wash cars (with shutoff nozzle) and may water lawns, one day per week:
- Saturday - Property addresses ending in even numbers or letters A through M
- Sunday - Property addresses ending in odd numbers or letters N through Z
- Reclaimed water can be used any day of the week.
- To establish new lawns or plantings, watering daily is allowed for 60 days, if necessary.
- Hand watering of trees, shrubs, and flower and vegetable gardens is allowed as needed. A shutoff nozzle or other water efficient device must be used.
- Low-volume irrigation devices, micro-irrigation, bubblers, soaker hoses, or drip tubing, can be used any time, on any day.
For more information or questions, contact Public Utilities at 562-4960 ext. 7231.
Return to Current Edition