Return to Home Page
Are You Safe?
Here are some tips:
When you're home
- Make sure you lock the doors to your residence and vehicles.
- DO NOT open your door to a stranger under any circumstances.
- Report any suspicious person or activity you observe.
- Safeguard your personal identity.
- Shred all personal information.
- DO NOT give out personal information over the telephone or Internet.
While you're away
- Notify the police you are leaving so residence checks can be made at your home.
- Stop delivery of mail and newspapers, or have someone pick up daily.
- Make sure you provide an emergency contact number to a neighbor or friend.
- Have your property maintained so it appears your residence is inhabited.
Return to Current Edition