The Florida Orchestra's November Performances
TAMPA - Tickets are on sale now for The Florida Orchestra's (TFO) upcoming performances. From Delightful Dances to Russian Romantics, the Progress Energy Masterworks, Raymond James Super Pops and the Holland America Line Coffee Concert series continue the celebration of the orchestra's 40th anniversary season. These are the performances on tap for November:
- Sat., Nov. 10, 8 p.m. in the Mahaffey Theater at The Progress Energy Center for the Arts, St. Petersburg; and Sun., Nov. 11, 7:30 p.m. at Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater are the Progress Energy Masterworks performances of Faure's Requiem making their TFO debuts.
- Mon., Nov. 12, 8 p.m. in The Great Room at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, The Florida Orchestra Chamber Players perform their annual night of up-close and intimate chamber music. This concert is presented with support from the orchestra's volunteer group, the North Suncoast Associates, which will be serving coffee and desserts starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $24 for the Mon. evening performance and may be ordered through the orchestra Ticket Center.
- Thurs., Nov. 15, 11 a.m. in the Mahaffey Theater at The Progress Energy Center for the Arts, St. Petersburg is the Holland America Line Coffee Concert Delightful Dances with Andrew Grams as conductor. Complimentary coffee and donuts are served in the lobby prior to the concert. There is also a pre-concert talk in the concert hall by Andrew Grams and members of the orchestra starting one hour prior to curtain.
- Thurs., Nov. 15, 8 p.m. in Ferguson Hall at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tampa; Sat., Nov. 17, 8: p.m. in Mahaffey Theater at The Progress Energy Center for the Arts, St. Petersburg; and Sun., Nov. 18, 7:30 p.m. at Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, it's the Raymond James Super Pops Latin Explosion With Tito Puente, Jr. This concert offers a zesty blend of pop, jazz and Latin rhythms as vocalist and percussionist Tito Puente, Jr. salutes his father's extraordinary legacy as "The King of the Timbales". It will be a night of salsa, merengue and mambo, together with Latin classics.
- Fri., Nov. 30, 8 p.m. in Ferguson Hall at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tampa; Sat., Dec. 1, 8 p.m. in Mahaffey Theater at The Progress Energy Center for the Arts, St. Petersburg; and Sun., Dec. 2, 7:30 p.m. at Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater are the Progress Energy Masterworks Russian Romantics performances.
Single tickets for individual concerts are available at the Florida Orchestra Ticket Center or by calling 813-286-2403 or 1-800-662-7286. The Ticket Center is located at 101 South Hoover Blvd., Suite 100, in Tampa, and is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. Fri. Single tickets are also available through the box offices of the three halls in person, or may be purchased by calling:
Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center Box Office - 813-229-7827
Mahaffey Theater at the Progress Energy Center Box Office*- 727-892-5767
Ruth Eckerd Hall Box Office - 727-791-7400
*The Mahaffey Theater phone number is for information only. Orchestra single tickets for Mahaffey Theater performances only are also available through Ticketmaster by phone at 813-287-8844 (Hillsborough) or 727-898-2100 (Pinellas), or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Student Tickets are just $10 each. Students and teachers with a current ID are eligible, based on the ticket availability for each performance. Limit two tickets per student or teacher. Gift certificates in varied amounts are also available through the Florida Orchestra Ticket Center. For more information, contact The Florida Orchestra at 813-286-2403 or 1-800-662-7286; or online via www.floridaorchestra.org.