Return to Home Page
Kids Expo for Families at Largo Public Library
LARGO - On February 2, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Largo Public Library will host the Kids Expo, a fun, free day of health and learning for families. Events include:
- A nutritional food demo from Personal Chef Kent Casey.?
- An outdoor fitness run from Largo Recreations, Parks, and Arts. ?
- A bike safety clinic courtesy of Chain Wheel Drive.?
- Tae kwon do demo by Master Dennis White of US Best.?
- Ranger Danger: Stranger program from Largo Police.?
- Fire Safety with Jeanine Mayo of Largo Fire.?
- Book talk with Nancy Anderson, author of What Should I Read Aloud: a Guide to the 200 Best-Selling Picture Books.?
- Local authors, Rich Osorio and Bill Sheehan.?
- Representatives from local service agencies with information on topics from childcare to homeschooling.?
- Storytimes and discussions of Internet Safety and Cyberbullying with library staff.?
Participants in the fitness run and bike clinic will receive a gift and a chance to win more prizes. Everyone who brings a donation for the RCS Food Bank will receive a free book. For more information, please call 587-6715, ext. 2503, or visit the library's website at www.largopubliclibrary.org. Largo Public Library is located at 120 Central Park Drive, Largo.
Return to Current Edition