Return to Home Page
Volunteers are needed to to help the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program in its recruitment efforts. For information on these and other positions, please call the RSVP office at 327-8690 ext. 22.
- Academy Prep Center for Education – Volunteers are needed to assist in special events, mentoring and tutoring students, chaperone on field trips, teacher’s assistants, library and lab assistants.
- Panama Canal Museum –Volunteers are needed to assist website, powerpoint, and graphic design, photography, video/audio taping, computer scanning, data entry, docents, exhibit assistants, media specialist, and more.
- Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum – Volunteers are needed to staff museum during hours, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; and assist in special events.
- Enoch Davis Center – Volunteers are needed for receptionist at the front desk answering the phone and greeting the public. Also assist with clerical tasks such as assembling documents, filing, and sorting documents.
- St. Petersburg Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc. - Volunteers are needed to cover the office desk and perform receptionist duties on 4-hour shifts Monday - Thursday. Duties include answer phones, data entry, greeting customers, and customer intake.
- The Salvation Army – Volunteers are needed for social services, disaster relief, Christmas assistance, children’s services.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Council - Volunteers are needed as advocates for residents in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Duties are to investigate complaints against facilities, conduct annual inspections of all assigned facilities, visit residents, and attend monthly Council meetings on 3rd Thursday of each month.
- Metropolitan Charities, Inc. - Volunteers are needed instruct adult patrons in creative learning classes and other specialties such as: computer skills, gardening, sewing/crocheting, and life skills.
Return to Current Edition