Penny III Project Elimination Poll Continues
Downtown Marina Voted Off
CLEARWATER – This week's poll is now closed. Our readers have spoken and your votes have been tallied. Last week, a majority of 57-percent voted to eliminate not only the Penny III funding of the downtown marina, but also to not build the facility at all.
The downtown marina project was valued at between $4 and $8-million. At its February 17th meeting, the Clearwater City Council took $8.25-million from insurance reserves for the project, and will discuss replacing those funds from Penny III at their March 12thth meeting. A public hearing of any proposed budget revisions will be scheduled for a later date.
This weekly opinion poll will run through our March 5 edition, giving our readers the greatest opportunity to prioritize their biggest losers in advance of the Council's worksession.
Here are last week's results:
- Downtown Boat Slips Debt Buy-down, Do Not Build the Slips $4,000,000 to $8,000,000: 57%
- East Branch Library Expansion & Renovation $6,250,000: 7%
- Royalty Theater $3,550,000: 7%
- Downtown Boat Slips Debt Buy-down, But Build the Slips $4,000,000 to $8,000,000: 5%
- Recreation Trails $3,000,000: 5%
- Countryside Family Aquatics Center Development $2,500,000: 5%
- Downtown Parking $6,250,000: 2%
- Coachman Park Redevelopment $5,000,000: 2%
- Youth Sports Fields Renovations & Improvements $7,000,000: 2%
- Municipal Beach Parking Garage $12,500,000: 2%
- Countryside Branch Library Expansion & Renovation $6,250,000: 2%
- Police Homicide Vehicle $150,000: 0%
- Clearwater Beach Fire Station Renovation/Reconstruction $4,147,910: 0%
- Lakeview Fire Station Renovation/Reconstruction $4,755,560: 0%
- Countryside Fire Station Renovation/Reconstruction $4,648,460: 0%
- Bayshore Blvd Realignment North of Drew St $2,500,000: 0%
- Neighborhood Parks Renovations & Improvements $5,000,000: 0%
- City-wide Seawall Replacement $1,250,000: 0%
- Library Technology $1,250,000: 0%
- Senior Facility $1,200,000: 0%
- Ruth Eckerd Hall $4,000,000: 0%
- Traffic Calming $5,000,000: 0%
- New Sidewalk Construction $2,833,250: 0%
- Downtown Fire Station Property $3,500,000: 0%
Please visit the February 26 poll page and vote the next project off Clearwater's Penny III project list.
Return to Home Page
Return to Current Edition