Audubon Society plans field trips, meetings
Published: January 30, 2014
CLEARWATER — Lara Miller introduces Nature’s Notebook and provides an opportunity to participate in a phenology project at Moccasin Lake Nature Park when the Clearwater Audubon Society meets Monday.
Meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of the month, October through May, at the park, 2750 Park Trail Lane. Social time starts at 6:30 p.m.
Phenology is the study of periodic biological phenomena, such as flowering, breeding, and migration, in relation to climatic conditions.
The organization also offers these nature field trips:
• 8 a.m. Feb. 8, Roosevelt wetlands in Pinellas Park. Meet at Party City in Tri-City Plaza at U.S. 19 and East Bay Drive. Call John Hood at (727) 461-4762.
• Feb. 14 and 15, Merritt Island. Call Dale Goebel at (727) 723-4635. Reservations are required.
• 8:30 a.m. Feb. 15, Audubon Explorers at Moccasin Lake Nature Park. Call Lynn Sumerson at (727) 596-8822.
• 7:15 a.m. Feb. 22, Emeralda Marsh. Meet at Party City in Tri-City Plaza. Call Mike McDonald at (727) 409-0459.
• Feb. 28 to March 1, Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park in Micanopy. Call Goebel at (727) 723-4635. Reservations are required.
Become a Clearwater Audubon Society member for an annual fee of $15. An application is available at www.clearwateraudubon.org.