CLEARWATER — The Clearwater Community Volunteers is hosting its Annual 11th “Fashions with Flair” fundraiser and will feature some of Tampa Bay’s leading ladies walking the runway at the Historic Fort Harrison Hotel from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Aug. 30.
Proceeds from the fashion show and silent auction will benefit the Shriners Hospital, Bob Dillinger’s Nourish to Flourish Program and Clearwater Family Holiday Festival — Winter Wonderland.
Pam Ryan Anderson, chairman of community volunteers group, said, “Hundreds of volunteers donate their time to put on this fundraiser, and we always have a really good time knowing we are helping children in the Tampa Bay area.”
Each year, the fashion show features several leading ladies of Tampa Bay on the runway. Some of the models this year are:
• Margaret Word Burnside – Executive Editor of Tampa Bay Magazine;
• Cat Coats – wife of former sheriff Jim Coats; co-founder of Beth’s Closet;
• Mimi Kintzel – Community Affairs Director for the Church of Scientology in Tampa;
• Susan Latvala – Pinellas County Commissioner;
• Lauren Collins Medlin – 2014 Ms. Florida;
• Cathy O’Brien – Program Specialist for the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office;
• Kathleen Peters – Florida State Representative;
• Bahiyyah Sadiki – an Educator in the Pinellas County School System;
• Carolyn Secor – local attorney; and
• Susan Valdes – Hillsborough County School Board.
Ambria’s of St. Petersburg will provide the couture for this year’s models.
The silent auction items are priced from $5 to thousands of dollars with something for everyone, including items from crafts and baked goods to celebrity endorsed goods, children’s items, sports memorabilia, fishing excursions, gift certificates, fine art, gift baskets and designer jewelry.
A gourmet lunch will be served.
For information or to purchase general seating or VIP tickets to the fashion show, call (727) 442-2099 or visit: www.clearwatercommunityvolunteers.org.