Library to offer Wednesday morning programs
INDIAN ROCKS BEACH — The library at 1507 Bay Palm Blvd. has scheduled these Wednesday events at 10 a.m. in the Children’s Reading Room:
• Wednesday — A representative from the Pinellas County Consumer Services division will explain how to protect personal information against identity theft.
• March 12 — Author Carol Fragale Brill will discuss her books “Cape Maybe” and “Peace by Piece.”
• March 19 — Demystify the Medicare maze through the program “ABC’s of Medicare.”
• April 2 — A representative from Pinellas County Tax Collector Diane Nelson’s office will explain how local property and tourist development tax proceeds are spent.
• April 9 — Author Tim McGee will talk about his novel “Worthy McGuire.”
• April 16 — Tim Bradshaw will discuss the secrets of service dogs like Ernie the cairn terrier.
For more information, contact Librarian Laurie Talerico at email@example.com or (727) 596-1822.
City of Largo to offer variety of events
LARGO — The city is offering musical and other programs in March. Here’s a rundown:
• Wednesday — Tom and Sandy Doyle will recreate the music of Les Paul and Mary Ford at 7 p.m. at the Largo Cultural Center, 105 Third St. S.E. With Tom on guitar and Sandy as lead vocalist, the couple will perform such hits as “Tennessee Waltz,” “Mockin’ Bird Hill,” “How High the Moon” and “The World Is Waiting for the Sunrise.” Tickets are $19.50, $24.50 and $29.50 in advance and $5 more at the door. Groups of 10 or more qualify for a discount. Visit LargoArts.com or call (727) 587-6793.
• March 11-12 — Hundreds of women in purple blouses and red hats will gather at Largo Community Center for the Annual Red Hat Tea Party from 11a.m. to 2 p.m. They’ll enjoy live music, dancing, door prizes, contests, shopping and lunch. Cost is $10 for either day; register by March 7. Call (727) 587-6740, Ext. 5004 or visit the center at 400 Alternate Keene Road.
• March 23 — The Annual Florida Suncoast Barbershop Chorus Show is at 2:30 p.m. following a 2 p.m. dinner at the Largo Community Center. Tickets for the show and meal are available for $14 by March 19. Show tickets only are $10 at the door. For details, visit LargoCommunityCenter.com or call (727) 518-3131.
• March 24-28 — Young people ages 12-18 can improve their musical theater skills during a Project Broadway workshop at the Largo Cultural Center. The theme is “Celebrate Broadway, A Musical Revue” and features songs, dances and scenes from classic Broadway shows. The mornings will focus on singing and auditioning skills, while the afternoons will concentrate on dancing and acting. At the end of the week, a fully staged showcase performance will be held. No previous acting experience is needed Cost is $125 for residents and $150 for nonresidents. Need-based scholarships are available. Visit LargoArts.com or call (727) 587-6751.
• March 28 — The author of “Eddie Trunk’s Essential Hard Rock & Heavy Metal Vol. 2” will appear at a book signing from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Largo Cultural Center. Trunk then will emcee the Jake E. Lee’s Red Dragon Cartel show at 8 p.m. The book signing is open to show ticket holders. Trunk is a 30-year music industry veteran who hosts “Eddie Trunk Live,” a weekly music, talk and interview show on SiriusXM satellite radio Channel 39. He’s also the host and co-producer of “That Metal Show,” the longest running program in the history of VH1 Classic. In 2010, he released “Eddie Trunk’s Essential Hard Rock & Heavy Metal,” followed by volume two last year. For tickets to Jake E. Lee’s Red Dragon Cartel show, call (727) 587-6793 or visit LargoArts.com.